Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Annivesary Gifts!!!

I guess I could have posted this one awhile ago but I was so focused on getting the last post up that I didn't really think about showing y'all the gifts Tyler got me. It's probably a good thing I waiting because this week Tyler anniversary gift finally came in the mail. It was so cute I was sitting in the car while he went into check the mail; he was gone for a while so I knew there had to be a package to pick up. When Tyler walked out of the post office he had the biggest grin on his face, he looked like a little kid at Christmas!!! Anyways I'm getting off topic here!!!

Last summer the band of my engagement ring broke, they said it was from where they had to resize it so small. Anyways they fixed it and then about a month later is broke again, so we took it back and they said they would fix it but we should look into getting a new setting because this was going to keep happening. Luckily they were having a mounting sale in a month, personnel I think it was just the sales lady trying to get us to spend more money!!!



This is what my original engagement ring looked like. I know it's hard to see but it's a solitaire marquise with a white gold band.



And this is what my new and improved engagement ring looks like!!! Of course we had to spend more money but I had been wanting a wrap to go around the solitaire so instead we just changed the mounting and added more diamonds!!! Well the reason I am telling you guys all this is because this was supposed to be my 5 year anniversary gift. Due to the price of it Tyler and I decided that since it was so expensive I didn't really need anything on our actual anniversary. But being that I have the most awesome husband in the world he didn't stick with that decision!!!



The morning of our anniversary Tyler got up early to cook me breakfast and when I finally decided to crawl out of bed this was sitting on the dining room table!!! I can't believe he bought it for me, every time I tried to look at these purses in the BX he would say that's crazy to spend that kind of money on a purse. But against his better judgment he bought it for me, of course I got the lecture, " I don't want to see this thing on the floor, on the ground and I especially don't want to hear in a month that it is not big enough" lol!!! But did I mention I have the most awesome husband in the whole world, almost every weekend he gets up with Bella at 7 or 7:30 and lets me sleep. I don't think he knows how much I appreciate that!!! Anyways back to the gifts, so I go into the kitchen to tell him thank you and give him a big kiss and then I go on with my morning routine: take my pills and pour a cup of coffee. While I'm getting my coffee he says "aren't you going to put your stuff in it" and say "Oh yea". So I open it up pull all the paper out of it and sitting at the bottom is a jewelry box, I think to myself what did he do now!!! The picture below is what was in the box!!!

DIAMOND EARRINGS!!!! I can't believe he bought me diamond earrings!!!! They aren't very big but if you know me then you know I'm not all that into earrings, so these are just the right size and perfect to go in my top holes. Actually once I got the earrings in my ears they looked a lot bigger than they did in the box!!!


And now for Tyler anniversary gift let me just tell y'all after everything he got me I kind of feel bad about his gift and the situation. First of all I ordered all his gifts from the same website, the first things to ship were his two guitar stands and some new picks but these didn't get here until the day after our anniversary. The actually guitar didn't ship until like a week and a half later and just came in this past week, a week after our anniversary. So what did I give him on our special day you ask, three pieces of paper with pictures on them: one of the guitar stands, one of the picks and one of the guitar. And to make matters worse when he finally got the guitar and opened the box one of the strings had broken during shipment and put tiny scratches on the body of it. Guys I felt terrible after all the great things he got me and this is how his gift ends up. I told him to send it back but after thinking about it he decided to just keep it because he doesn't want to take the chance of the next one having something worse than a couple of scratches. Here are some pictures of the guitar and the guitar collection Tyler is starting.


The one in the middle is the new one!! It really is a beautiful guitar I just wish he could play it. He called the website and they said they would send his a new set of strings but who know how long it will take them to get here.


I just wish he had more time to play them!!!


Well guys I have been very busy this past week, I started my job at the CDC and every night when I get home I am completely exhausted. My whole body hurts and my feet feel like they are going to fall off, luckily I got a pedicure the day before I started so they don't look as bad as they feel!!!

No comments: