Tuesday, April 15, 2008

" The night I met the man of my dreams"


Finally I finished the post, it's not everything I wanted to say but I didn't want y'all to have to read a book about our life!!!


Monday April 7th was mine and Tyler's 5 year anniversary!!! I thought this would be the perfect time to tell y'all the story of the first time I met Tyler.


In November of 2001 I moved to Italy, when I got there Tyler had just left for 7 level school back in the states. So while he was gone I became friends with two of his friends Kristen and Joe (not a couple). The whole time Tyler was gone I heard so much about him, mainly from Joe. So I was so excited to finally meet him. He got back from 7 level school at the beginning of January and on the day he arrived Kristen and Joe had planned for us all to go out to dinner so I could meet him.


Let’s just say the night didn't start out so well. I was living in the Pensione (Italian hotel) at the time and their hot water level wasn't so great. I was in the middle of taking a shower, I was completely soaped up and all of the sudden the hot water goes out. So I have to go to the phone soaking wet, full of soap to call the front desk. They send someone up to my floor, luckily they didn't have to come in my room, but they fixed the hot water and I was able to finish my shower. But this put me way behind schedule so I was late getting to the restaurant. For the readers that are familiar with Italy we were having dinner at the Western House, not my favorite Aviano restaurant but Kristen loved it and she was pregnant so you have to give into the pregnant women. Once I finally get there I walk in and I can't find them so of course I'm frustrated. I finally spot them so I go over and meet the man of my dreams (not knowing it at the time). My first thought of Tyler was he’s cute and I love those ears (sorry baby but you know it's true). Later Tyler would tell me his first impression of me was that I was a snobby blonde b***h, who says first impressions are everything.


Now comes the funny part!!! I sit down at the table and we are looking over the menu when all of the sudden someone lets out a huge fart. It sounded very close but I didn't want to embarrass anyone so I didn't say anything. Then there was another one and this time Tyler says "Sorry airplane food always does that to me"!!! I think to myself well can’t you hold it in or go to the bathroom we are in the middle of a restaurant. So the waitress comes over to take our order and as she kneels down he does it again, by this time I'm thinking this guy is very rude and extremely disgusting. Who would have thought 3 months later I would be head over heels for him. This whole time Kristen and Joe are laughing their butts off and I'm thinking guys this really isn’t that funny it's kind of gross. So after we finished dinner and several more farts later Joe pulls out this remote control and hands it to me. I asked him what is this and he says just push the button and when I do Tyler farts. I must have looked really confused because Tyler pulls out this little black box and hands it to me. I push the button again and the box farts, so all this time I thought Tyler was farting and it was actually a "Fart Machine"!!! Tyler had picked it up in the states and they all thought it would be a cool trick to play on me, of course after that I thought it was hilarious!!!


Once we were done with dinner we headed to a place that would later become mine and Tyler's bar, Johnny's!!! The whole night Tyler and I played with the machine, when one of us would go to the bar for drinks the other would keep the remote and the other would have the machine. As we would get up to the bar the one sitting at the table would push the button!!! I should have known from that moment on my life would be filled with farts...lol!!!So that's the story of the first night Tyler and I ever meet!! I was also going to write about how we almost broke up and how we ended up together and the story of our engagement and wedding. But since I already made this post super long I will save that for another time. I hope y'all enjoy the story, I think it is a great example of how first impressions are not always lasting impressions.

4 comments:

Tyler said...

Well hopefully after 5 years I still live up to your expectations and that everyday can be a new first....oops I farted....impression. I love you baby and I am ready to turn this first 5 into 500 more!
Oops sorry, farted again!

The Blonde Hurricane said...

I loved this story, Amanda! I am glad you guys are very happy together! I was laughing as I read this -- I can TOTALLY see Tyler doing the farting thing!! He always had us laughing!!

Congratulations on getting the job, by the way!

Jess

Anonymous said...

Hey I wanna hear all about it, you're a really good descriptive writer woman! Get on it!!! I was intrigued!!

Sherry said...

I want to hear the rest!!!