Sunday, April 13, 2008

A little update!!!

Well I'm still working on the story of how Tyler and I met; hopefully I will get it up before our next anniversary...lol!!!

Last week was very busy and this coming week will probably be just as busy. Y'all probably remember that I found out Wednesday that I got the job at the CDC; well I had to make an appointment for Thursday to go in and sign all the papers that Services needs to get the ball rolling. I had to wait until Thursday to do it because Wednesday night I had my final in my Psych class and I wanted as much time as possible to study for it. Though I don't think it helped anyways, I don't feel very confident in my grade on the test, but we will see!!! If I don't do very well in this class then I will just know for the future that I have to spend more time on my school work now that I am at a university and not a community college.

Thursday at lunch time Tyler came and picked me and Bella up and we went to Services so I could do the paper work. Then we went by the CDC to see what we needed to do so that Bella could start school, they gave me a whole big packet of papers to fill out!!! Tyler dropped us off at the house so I could fill the papers out and then when he got off of work we took them back by the CDC. They said they couldn't tell us right then when she could start or how much it would be but the front desk lady (the job I want) would call me tomorrow (Friday). Well of course by 10 o'clock I hadn't heard anything so I called them and they gave me the run around. Eventually at about 1:30 the director called me back to tell me that Bella could start on Monday. I was extremely excited about this because we are so ready for her to go back to daycare. While she was in daycare she seemed to be a better behaved child, the only thing I'm not looking forward to is her always being sick or always having a runny nose. With her not being in daycare I have realized that she is hardly ever sick and I don't know when the last time was that she had a runny nose. Anyways after the lady told me when she could start I asked her how much it was going to be she said she didn't know I would have to wait until her front desk lady got back from lunch. Well I waited and waited and then at like 3:00 I called back because it was obvious no one was going to call me back. When she told me the price my jaw dropped to the floor, $129 a week, Holy Cow!!! At the daycare we took Bella to in the states we paid $95 a week, give it that was a less quality daycare but still!!! I guess the CDC goes off of how much the whole house hold makes, I couldn't imagine how much we would have to pay if we were both military!!! Oh well....hopefully they will teach Bella more than the previous daycare did, I guess it is worth paying that much if she gets the education she deserves.

Friday when Tyler got off of work I went to register for my next class, I am going to take a required computer class!!! Friday night we didn't do much, Tyler cooked a great meal out of his new Pampered Chef cookbook "Crispy Parmesan Shrimp with Spaghetti"!!! After dinner we watched American Idol, which sucked for me because on my way home from the education office the stupid AFN guy said who went home. How dumb can you be, he knows that we don't get it until the next night why would you tell everyone who went home 3 hours before the show was suppose to air. I asked Tyler to call AFN and complain about it, he said it was my battle I should fight if I wanted to so of course I didn't...lol!!!

Saturday I woke up with a migraine so we didn't really do much, just hung around the house. It started to go away by about 4:00 in the evening, so I helped Tyler cook another delicious meal. Chicken Quesadillas with Corn Soup and of course I had a couple of margaritas, which was probably not a very good idea because by Bella's bedtime my migraine was back. But I couldn't resist, there is nothing better than a frozen margarita with a delicious Mexican dinner. So I went to bed at about 10 p.m. because my head just kept getting worse.

Luckily I woke up this morning headache free!!! We decided to skip church and drive to the Statue of Liberty Park (as we call it) so that Bella could feed the ducks and the swans. After we were out of bread we headed to the mall to eat lunch, I had delicious "Pepper Lunch"!!! Once we were done eating we just walked around the mall, of course we didn't buy anything because the prices for clothes are outrageous. Bella started to get tired and cranky so we left and came back home. So we are home now and I need to get going so I can help Tyler make another delicious dinner, I'm his little sou chef!!! I think we are making Beef Stew...yummm!!!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Mackenzie stayed home for 11 months and she was NEVER sick, not one day during those 11 months. Within her first week at the CSC (4 days to be exact) we had to take her to the dr. She had an ear infection. 2 months later she couldn't shake it so they put tubes in her ears. Anyway, since then, she's had a runny nose or some sickness. Granted, her ears are MUCH better, but I am constantly dealing wiht a runny nose or cough. Just last week she had the croup then her ear started draining. Ick. So, that is DEFINITELY the downside of the CDC.

But on the upside, she's 16 months old and she knows several words in sign language and can say at least 40 words--not to include the words she can repeat. (She can say frog on her own, everytime she sees a frog, but if I tell her a frog says ribbit, she will repeat that but doesn't really say it on her own yet). I really like the fact that she learns so much from the CDC.

Yes, they do go by how much yuo make. But there is a cap. I'm not sure how much that is--I thought it was around $135 to be honest. So, dual military might pay in the highest bracket, but it's not like it's $300 a month. (At least not here)